top of page
NOTICE OF HEARING ON IMPROVEMENT
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Notice is hereby given that the city council of the City of Morristown, Minnesota, will meet at the Morristown City Hall at 7:00 p.m. on Monday, November 6, 2023, to consider the making of an improvement, described as “2024 Street and Utility Improvement Project”, on the following streets:
* Ann Street SW from Division Street (CSAH 16) to Second Street SW
* Ann Street E from Division Street (CSAH 16) to Second Street SE
* Chestnut Street E from Division Street (CSAH 16) to Third Street SE
* Washington Avenue E from Division Street (CSAH 16) to Third Street SE
* First Street SE from Washington Avenue E to Main Street E (CSAH 15)
* First Street NE from Main Street E (CSAH 15) north to dead end
* Second Street SE from Chestnut Street E to Main Street E (CSAH 15)
* Second Street NE from Main Street E (CSAH 15) to Franklin Street E
* Second Street NE from Bloomer Street E north to dead end
* Bloomer St NE from Division Street (CSAH 16) to Second Street NE
Improvements will include but not be limited to construction of sanitary sewer, water main, storm sewer, concrete curb and gutter, sidewalk, aggregate base, bituminous surfacing, turf restoration, and miscellaneous items required to complete the improvements, pursuant to Minnesota Statutes §§ 429.011 to 429.111.
The area proposed to be assessed for such improvement includes properties abutting such
improvements and properties for which benefit can be attributed.
The estimated cost of the improvement is $5,071,150. A reasonable estimate of the impact of the
assessment will be available at the hearing. Such persons as desire to be heard with reference to the
proposed improvement will be heard at this meeting.
Ellen Judd, City Administrator
Published in LifeEnterprise on October 26 and November 2, 2023.
Notice to Public
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Morristown City Council will hold a Work Session at 402 Division St., S in the Gov't Room on November 8. 2023 at 7:00 p.m, The purpose of this work session is to discuss the following:
* Marijuana License
* Office Privacy
* Budget & Levy
* Snow Removal Options
* Unemployment Payouts
* Master Fee Schedule
bottom of page